Activision just got PWNED

Dont get me wrong i love the Guitar Hero series and the instruments have been solid...........in the past. Activision went on a rant slamming Harmonix on their defective hardware. I have had 1 defective instrument from Harmonix that was easy for me to fix myself. Now i get my new GHWT drums and Boom right out of the box red pad doesnt work when you hit red+yellow or red+orange or red+green. I managed to slightly hit then at a different time to get by, then after 30 minutes of playing, the red pad completely breaks and stops responding. I put the drums back into the box and grabbed the guitar and started playing on that.....to my dismay the touchpads did not work. WTF. I put the guitar and microphone back in the box, proceeded back to Best Buy and got my $200 back. Plugged in my RB2 set into GHWT and works like a charm. So to all the slander makers at Activision, test your products before you mass produce them.

^Exactly. Just because there are some defective sets doesn't mean Harmonix is by any means even CLOSE to having more durable instruments. My RB2 drumset was broken out of the box, whereas my GHWT drumset works great. It all depends on which box you choose.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Basically they are having the 360s problem. They rushed. I think a lot of people would have been glad to wait until '09 if the equipment could be thoroughly tested and maybe some other features could be back in the game.

from what I hear there are TONS of problems with the hardware....more so than I remember for Rock Band/Rock Band 2....

I am loving my GH:WT....but I am not loving the fact that my drums also have the same exact problem...... cymbals are touchy and never work when combined with the red pad.

All my stuff works perfectly except the yellow touch pad wont do sustained notes on the purple strip parts cuz its like...blinking. But its really not a big deal cuz it doesnt ruin my combo.

other than that. im good! i mean. i had some red pad issues as well. i just learned i wasnt hitting it right. now that im hittin it right and sitting with my left leg around the red pad and right leg inside the set, im gettin close to 100% songs.

I've had nothing but problems with any product in the Guitar Hero line. My Les Paul broke on me, and I still used it cause I preferred it to the Strat. I've been putting off playing too much RB2 cause I just don't like the Strat, so I just got GHWT and I hope I won't have a problem, but after reading things all day, I'm worried that I'm going to be let down when I get home from work.

Wish me luck!

Dont get me wrong i love the Guitar Hero series and the instruments have been solid...........in the past. Activision went on a rant slamming Harmonix on their defective hardware. I have had 1 defective instrument from Harmonix that was easy for me to fix myself. Now i get my new GHWT drums and Boom right out of the box red pad doesnt work when you hit red+yellow or red+orange or red+green. I managed to slightly hit then at a different time to get by, then after 30 minutes of playing, the red pad completely breaks and stops responding. I put the drums back into the box and grabbed the guitar and started playing on that.....to my dismay the touchpads did not work. WTF. I put the guitar and microphone back in the box, proceeded back to Best Buy and got my $200 back. Plugged in my RB2 set into GHWT and works like a charm. So to all the slander makers at Activision, test your products before you mass produce them.

thats funny i had the same deal happen to me, waited in line for it at best buy... got it, drove home, realized the guitar didn't work and had to exchange it, but i have always had problems with both harmonix and activison

When i got RB right of the the box the red pad didn't work, when i got GH3 the guitar crapped out after a week, when i got RB for the 360 the Strat was messed up, and now GH:WT the guitar was screwed up

ok so heres my rant

went to toysrus to get ghwt game only went up paid went to car. as im driving home i take a look at the game and hear a thump inside so i rip it open to fing the disk is off the little ring that holds it and is all scrated up. so i go back . the indian guy at the counter gets a new 1 and that is all fucked up too so he gets a third game and it doesnt sound like the game is moving so he gives it to me because i had to go pick up my brother. get home all scratched up again and another broken case. im going back tommarow and if i dont get a mint copy im asking for CASH back and going to gamestop.

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

had to get that out of my system

activision had problems back during guitar hero 3 when their les pauls were fucked up. guitar hero blows... atleast if your shit break with rock band they send you a box to ship it back and replace it for free. they have replaced 4 drum kits for me. im still stuck with the shitty les paul i got a year ago with guitar hero 3... did i mention i took it back twice...

i wanna see a music game worth waiting for... that the company actually takes time to make the instruments right. i can wait 2 years for another rock band if it means i get some good shit. but for now i guess the ion kit is my best choice for drumming

Edited by ThtPepsiNagger

So i called Hackdiblizzard and asked if they could send me a replacement drumset......they told me to return it to the store, they dont have an RSA at all. At least EA/Harmonix were willing to replace your defective set. So imagine those people a month or so down the road when the set breaks and they call Hackdiblizzard about an RSA and get the nice line "Take it Back to the Store" Oh guess what, you only have 14 days for exchanges. WEAK!

My new GHWT guitar constantly disconnects from my 360....I thought the batteries it came with musta have been crap, but it's still powered up and the light just constantly spins in an attempt to re-connect itself to the system..I'll play a few songs with no issues and then it starts doing it again...friggin annoying as hell when your bandmates have to sit and wait while your guitar does this constantly mid-song!

In UK, EA told me to take my broken RB kit to store. Only problem was, it was play.com. I got them to take it back, but it seems it has been lost in the post, now it's gonna be a bitch to get this out of them.

I bought it in July and I only managed to get about 6 weeks of drumming in that time. In that 6 weeks, one of the sticks broke and the bass pedal snapped and then the red pad split underneath the surface.

Stop bitching about 'hacktiblizzard' cos all these big publishers are the same. Once they have your money, they don't care. Problem is I can't stop going back.

My new GHWT guitar constantly disconnects from my 360....I thought the batteries it came with musta have been crap, but it's still powered up and the light just constantly spins in an attempt to re-connect itself to the system..I'll play a few songs with no issues and then it starts doing it again...friggin annoying as hell when your bandmates have to sit and wait while your guitar does this constantly mid-song!

Mine does that too...and I have to absolutely SMASH the red pad to get it to register. Oh, and did I mention that there was no mic in my bundle? Yeah...I paid $200 for a fantastic game and ridiculously TERRIBLE instruments!!! I have contacted Activision and Red Octane and they don't reply. They know something is wrong and they are scurrying around for a solution...but God knows IF andwhen they will do anything!

In UK, EA told me to take my broken RB kit to store. Only problem was, it was play.com. I got them to take it back, but it seems it has been lost in the post, now it's gonna be a bitch to get this out of them.

I bought it in July and I only managed to get about 6 weeks of drumming in that time. In that 6 weeks, one of the sticks broke and the bass pedal snapped and then the red pad split underneath the surface.

Stop bitching about 'hacktiblizzard' cos all these big publishers are the same. Once they have your money, they don't care. Problem is I can't stop going back.

That sucks to hear about how your problem was handled in the UK. :/ I just can't agree wholly with your last statement because EA/HMX was really fantastic about letting you return instruments with no trouble in my experience and in the experience of most people in the US. Up through October 1st, the policy was pretty much "If it's broken, we'll fix it" unless it was obvious that the problem was from you mishandling your product.

I didn't get RB right at release, but how long did it take them to start the return policy? I assume there was some delay as they waited to see just how widespread the problems with their insruments were before agreeing to fix the problem. WT has only been out a couple of days, so hopefully Activision will do something eventually since the problem seems so widespread.

Dont get me wrong, the game itself seems to be solid, just the equipment and customer service from Hackdiblizzard is really bad. They just sent me a reply to my drum set issue stating that within the next couple days they will have a program for use on my PC that will calibrate the drumset and fix my issues, sadly my issue is my drumset not responding. Lawl. I got a solution for you Hackdiblizzard, RETURNED, passed GO and collected my $200, purchased game single and stress relieved.

This is why I got my copy from EB Games, they give you the option to pay for a warranty. Sure it does cost a little extra, but I've learned it's worth it when that little extra gets you a new guitar controller. I returned about 6 guitars from GH3, for pretty much all the issues associated with them. Hell I could break the guitar myself and I'd still get a replacement, they never even checked the warranty void sticker when I returned them all.